Goodbye, Cozy Winter; Hello, Spring News!
Happy first day of Spring!
Spring will play hard to get here in Portland, but the days are numbered for hearty soups simmering in the crock pot (like the split pea and ham soup I’m having for lunch) and reading in the big leather armchair in front of the fire at Black Rock Coffee Bar. Soon I’ll be putting away the turtleneck sweaters. The chestnut-smelling candles. The gray Ugg boot I stole from Maddie.
For the most part, Winter and I were dear friends this year. And while I’ve enjoyed the coziness and hermit-life of winter, this past month I’ve also been BUSY -- feeling into the energy of Spring:
Spring forward. Step out. Grow. Be bold. Expand.
As trees are getting more show-y with their plump buds, I, too, am becoming more visible -- networking and connecting and meeting and greeting and “Hi! I’m Alyse."
(OMG, as I’m typing, Diana Ross’s “I’m Coming Out” is playing in my head!)
And here’s what’s being birthed in April -- in a cool, new yoga & meditation studio in SE Portland, called Meditation 4 Regular People!!!
- a Free-Flow Writing Workshop where I’ll share valuable techniques to help you relax your thinking mind, open to the moment, and listen to what wants to be written.
* Saturday, April 7th, 2-4PM (details and registration HERE)
- a weekly Wednesday Free-Flow Writing Circle for ongoing, down and dirty, pen & prompt communal writing.
* Begins April 11th, 1-2PM (details and registration HERE)
Portland women, check out these offerings!! I’d love the support for the studio!!
How it happened:
- I joined an international women’s networking group called Women with Moxie.
- Dill, the Portland leader, said, “You need to meet Melissa. I think you two are really aligned.”
- Melissa and I said “Hi” virtually and I signed up for her sleep workshop.
- I fell in love with Melissa and her teaching style (she had us laughing hard in that workshop, and I later learned she was a comedian in an earlier life and attended The Second City in Chicago where Tina Fey was her classmate!)
- And I fell in love with her mission to “reach the unreachable and teach the unteachable with meditation.” She’s serious about reaching everyone, offering free meditation classes for teens, Knit-itation, taught by an expert knitter and meditator -- and now, Free-Flow writing for the writing meditators!
I’m wishing you sweet, spring energy of OPENESS and EXPANSION on this first spring day, whether it’s warm or cold, sunny or cloudy, rainy or windy… because, remembering this month’s WTG theme of ‘openness,’ sun and storm are portals, both.
I hope you can join me in April, where the WTG Circle theme is Boldness & Free-Flow Writing – and there’s A LOT to share and explore on THAT topic! Click HERE to register for April's upcoming WTG Portland and WTG Online.
Want to write?
Take a pen & prompt journey:
This spring, where in your life are you coming out or wanting to come out?
Write whatever arises in your thoughts, feelings, and sensations. Don’t stop to think or edit - keep your pen moving.
Accept ALL that you write - the pretty & ugly; absurd & boring. Discover what wants to be felt, known, expressed, released...