5 Summer Moments
Grab a pen and notebook.
Now pause. Notice or recall 5 summer moments that got your attention these past days or months -- or are getting your attention in this moment.
My 5 Moments:
- playing cards in Field's Park with Maddie, the evening sun warm on the right side of my body
- the music, conversation, and open windows at happy hour with Amy and Debi
- hundreds of fireflies hovering close to the ground over leaves and pine needles in Raleigh, NC
- a peach and yogurt dish at 900 Wall Street in Bend
- soaking in hot springs -- looking at the late afternoon sky through the treetops, and the short, sweet-smelling walk to the springs through the forest
Notice how you re-live each sense memory. Taste the moments of your life. Glow with aliveness.
Happy summer and sweet summer moments.
Want to write?
Take a pen & prompt journey:
Choose a summer moment from your list and write for 10 minutes.
Set a timer for 10 minutes. Or 5. Or 2!
Write whatever arises in your thoughts, feelings, and sensations.
Don’t stop to think or edit - keep your pen moving.
Accept ALL that you write - the pretty & ugly; absurd & boring.
Discover what wants to be felt, known, expressed, released...